Friday, August 10, 2007

Week 6

Here is my last post from Austria!

On Monday, I finished my project for English. Tuesday and Wednesday were spent studying for my finals. Luckily, I had both of my finals on Thursday, so I got them over with and could relax on Thursday when everyone else was still studying!

Thursday afternoon, I went summer bobsledding with Hannah and Patti. It was awesome! It only lasted for a couple minutes and did bang my head back and forth, but it was worth it! Last night, I went out to a nice dinner with some friends to celebrate our last days in Innsbruck. There was a festival going on to commemorate Maximilian's jousting tournaments, so we watched that for a little bit. It rained every day this week, which cools everything off, but it is still so weird for me to see people wearing pants and sweaters when it is August.

Friday morning, while everyone was taking their last finals, I went to St. Jacob's, Innsbruck's cathedral and Schloss Ambras, the castle in Innsbruck as seen in the picture. Now, I have done everything that I wanted to do!

Tonight we have our closing ceremonies and then tomorrow the buses leave at 4:30am for the Munich airport. Everyone plans on staying out all night, so that will make for a fun bus ride! I will get into Atlanta at 2:30pm or so, but then I have to be in Athens at 7am on Sunday for rush. Yikes! I am actually looking forward to it because I can go home, see my family, get a good meal and some sleep, and then I will see my friends the next day, and then come back home to get ready for school.

This trip has been wonderful and an incredible experience, but I can't wait to see everyone back home!

2 comments:

blueberrycobbler said...

miss you doodlebug. have fun with the fam and with rush. the big big sis.

Amanda said...

same thing laura said...but from the other big sis.