Friday, July 27, 2007

Fourth Week

This week basically entailed me recovering from Rome and working on stuff for school. I had to do a history presentation for English, which was difficult knowing that I had to find research in limited computer time. Luckily, everything went well! I am just worried because I have a project due in a week and a half that is worth 25% of my grade and I have to be creative! Hopefully that will go well with my limited art resources here! Everyone is freaking out that we only have two weeks left because we have so much we want to do in Innsbruck, let alone prepare for finals. These next two weeks are going to be very busy but really fun!
Hannah and I out Tuesday night!






Casey and I are both Sigma Kappas, except she goes to UNO. We are making our motto, one heart, one way!

Yesterday, I went with a friend to the lake after class. The lake was pretty cold, so I didn't stay in very long, but it was an interesting sight. It is interesting that in town, everyone wears jeans and long sleeves with closed-toed shoes when it is hot outside, but at the lake, men wear speedos and many women are topless. Don't worry- I didn't take any pictures! There is a New Orleans festival all weekend long in Innsbruck, so we went to it last night. According to my friend who is from New Orleans, the food wasn't really Nawlans style, but it was fun to listen to the bands!

Today, I woke up and got breakfast at a little bakery! (I would feel horrible about everthing I have eaten here if I didn't walk everywhere!) I strolled around Innsbruck and did some souvenir shopping. It is just really nice to be in the city without everyone else and to enjoy it without going to class! This afternoon, I plan on reading Harry Potter (I'm borrowing it from a friend!) at the park!

Tomorrow morning I am leaving to go to Salzburg. I am meeting my big sister from Sigma Kappa, Jackie, there. She is finished with her study abroad program in Prague, so we will be in Salzburg for Saturday and Sunday and then she will stay with me in Innsbruck for two days! I am really excited to see her! I borrowed my friend's computer and dvd to watch the Sound of Music the other day, so I am uber excited about going on the Sound of Music tour! It is one of my top 5 movies!

The famous golden roof!


Here is the shirt I bought. It cracked me up!

Innsbruck has linen shops everyhwere!


These ornament eggs are popular too!

A garden I found on my walk

2 comments:

Uncle Chris said...

Did you have to buy the shirt because you didn't do your laundry?

You know, you can always just turn your clothes in side out, and double your wardrobe!

blueberrycobbler said...

suggestion, never listen to your uncle chris. his wardrobe comes from christmas presents - evidence A - hiking shoes ;)

you look so pretty in the green shirt! did your sister help you pick it out?! i wonder.

try to bring back some of that apple thing. it looks tasty.