Thursday, July 19, 2007

Third week

On Monday night, the school had a party for us at the Hofgarten, the outdoor beer garden. They fed us soup, potatoes, and of course schnitzel. Schnitzel is what is Austria is known for. Basically, it is just any type of meat breaded and fried. It is like Bubba's take on shrimp.

After being really sick of eating meat and potatoes or pasta everyday, I went with some friends to the grocery Tuesday night and just got yogurt and some snacks and ate by the river!

Wednesday, I went tobagoning- summer bobsledding! We went up ski lifts and then went down this mountain on what look like box cars. It was about a 10 minute ride the whole way down. The first time I was a little hesitant trusting how this little metal strip could keep my car from turning over, but by the second time, I never used the brake! We had an amazing time!

Other than that, this week had been annoying because we had midterms today. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday nights memorizing for art history and preparing for essay writing in English. I'm glad they are over!

I am really excited about going to Rome this weekend! However, I am also really nervous about getting something stolen or lost. Then, on top of that, I find out that there is a train strike in Italy! Ah! Luckily, we are taking an overnight train tonight (Thursday night) to Rome and one back Sunday night. The strike was supposed to end an hour before our train left to come home, but they just cancelled it! Now, that isn't to say that they won't decide to strike again. Please pray for me to be safe and let everything work out! If all else fails, maybe I will get to stay an extra day in Rome! What a rough life...

No comments: