Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I forgot!

I am always in a hurry writing these posts, so among my mispelling and repetition, I forgot to mention some things that happened! In Munich, I ate butterkooken (probably the wrong spelling!), a buttered pastry with almonds on top. Delish! I also found brochen, which is my parent's favorite bread from Germany. It was good, but I definitely liked the pastry better! The only frustrating thing I found when traveling was having to pay for water and to use the bathroom! How crazy!

I have also had some people ask me about my room and stuff, so I thought I should fill ya'll in! We are in a dorm that is occupied by students from the University of Innsbruck during the year. My roommate and I were randomly placed together, and it has really worked out! We have also become good friends with a bunch of people on our hall, especially the girls next door! We have twin beds, two bookcases, a closet that locks, two desks, and our own private bathroom! Maids come twice a week to change everthing too!

Yesterday was my rooommate's birthday, so we went out to dinner with a big group of people! I tried bratwurst again but this time did not like it! Luckily, my roommate's mom sent her a cake for her birthday, so we will get to eat that! As the Austrian woman at breakfast says, no one leaves Austria skinny! Today, I am going on a tour of the Swarovski museum!

The weather is nice right now after raining this morning. It is suppossed to clear up and get up to 90 degrees over the next few days. Venice will definitely be hot this weekend!

Oh and if ya'll have done any traveling around this area and know of a good hostel/cheap hotel or some church that you loved, let me know so I will be sure not to miss it!

3 comments:

Uncle Chris said...

Buttercake- almost as good as a kolache from the Czech Stop in West, huh?

Have one for me!

Amanda said...

Sarah try hostelworld.com and hostels.com the first one has really been very helpful for me in Chile and I imagine they have a lot more information on Europe as well.

The food sounds so good! We have kuchen here a lot also....normally apple kuchen due to the strong German influence in the South of Chile.
I wonder if I could talk uncle Chris into send me kolaches....mmmmm

Sarah said...

oh goodness. kolaches! maybe i'll be able to find some near the czech republic in austria!